Saturday 29 December 2012

All set for Duck Rice Set


By Abriel Tay


Khatib Huang Restaurant
#01-126
Duck Rice Stall
Price: $3.30
Rating: 4.5/5


For $3.30, you get a tasty duck rice set that comes with braised duck meat, tofu, rice, peanuts and half a braised egg. I consider this great value for money especially after how everything on the plate is tasty.


The meat was tasty and the sauce complement it. What I found unique about this stall is the texture of the tofu. It is easy to chew and goes well with the sauce. The rice was different from the usual plain old white rice and it was a huge factor as to why this duck rice stands out. With white rice, it's difficult for me to eat it on it's own but I can eat the rice from this duck rice stall by it's own and still enjoy it. For all the goodness in the set, I'm giving it 4.5/5 with the only gripe being the average portion of meat (I'm a glutton).

2 comments:

  1. Points taken from this post about Abriel:
    1) He likes ducks
    2) He likes tofu that is easy to chew
    3) He does not like white rice
    4) He is a glutton.

    Points taken, Abriel. I know you're hinting to me for our next date

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Don Wei,
      Glad to know how much you know about our fellow reviewer Abriel. Do stay tuned to read his upcoming articles.

      Delete