Friday 14 December 2012

Crispy Chicken Bento at just $5.00!




























By: Sugenya Manogaran

Crispy Chicken Bento @ Snackz It
Bugis Junction Basement

Price: $5.00
Ratings: 3.5/5 stars

It was just another typical day, window shopping with my friends at Bugis Junction.
I have to admit that the basement of the shopping mall was surely a food paradise. Mini shops were lined next to each other selling a diverse range of food, from Japanese pancakes to those mouth-watering donuts.

As melodramatic as it sounds, my feet stopped exactly at the front of the stall, Snackz It. They were selling the crispy chicken bento at just $5.00. Without much hesitation, I bought it and honestly, I have no regrets at all.

While waiting for my dish, I stood there watching how the crispy chicken was being prepared.  Once deep-fried, the chicken is then mixed with different condiments such as pepper and chili powder to enhance the flavor of it.





Alongside with the crispy chicken, a huge portion of steamed rice was served. A spoonful of black pepper sauce was added to complement it.  Other than the rice and crispy chicken, baked beans and coleslaw were also served.

If there is one reason why you should try it, that is definitely because of the unique taste of the chicken. You can eat the rice and chicken as your main meal, and then munch on the baked beans and coleslaw as your dessert!   It’s all in one - grab yours now! 

2 comments:

  1. Well, I woke up to get me a cold pop and then I thought somebody was barbecuing. I said, ‘Oh Lord Jesus, it’s a fire.’ Then I ran out, I didn’t grab no shoes or nothing, Jesus. I ran for my life and then the smoke got me, I got bronchitis! Ain’t nobody got time for that.

    ReplyDelete