Wednesday 2 January 2013

Rojak stall, EAT MAY KNOW



By Jamie Loo

Eat May Know
Blk 29 Bendemeer Road
#01-32 Bendemeer Market & Food Centre, Singapore 330029
Opening Hours: 8am to 6pm (Daily)
Price: $2
Rating: 5/5


A small stall found in the heartlands of Boon Keng, the Eat May Know stall is known to many relatives of mine for having the best value for money rojak. So I decided to pay it a visit with my Dad to check it out myself.

Upon arrival I could already smell the toasting of the dough fritters and I placed an order for my favourite version of the Rojak- only consisting of dough fritters and “tau pok”. Soon my order arrived and I eagerly took the first bite into what seemed to me a very well toasted dough fritter, so I expected it to be rather hard to bite through. However, the interesting part was that its crispiness was just right, and the inside was still warm, making it soft to bite through. So picture this, hard on the outside, and soft on the inside!

And next I dipped it into the sauce, which was also another shock to me. It seemed as if they has put some “Assam” into it, which gave it a little sour (quite refreshing) taste, along with a little chilli spice and sweet sauce and nuts. Put together they really worked well, complementing each other in my mouth.

would say that the best part of it all is that it is quite cheap, yet the quality of the food has no need to be questioned! Indeed the stall owner must have a lot of skill, as these dough fritters are homemade and prepared. A light, non oily, tasty and satisfying dish you can have at any point of the day, I personally think that it is indeed worth the travel no matter where you live!

4 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the shocks that you had when you bit into the dough fritters and tasted the sauce... That was exactly how I felt last week when I bit into the pau that I bought from a stall near my house when I looked into its filling and saw a human finger! I accidentally ordered ren rou pau (human meat pau) instead of what I actually wanted, which was char siew pau! tsk haiyo i so blu hor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      Sounds good, could we know where this stall is located? We'd be sure to check it out soon.

      Delete
  2. A small stall found in the heartlands of Boon Keng, the Eat May Know stall is known to many relatives of mine for having the best value for money rojak. So I decided to pay it a visit with my Dad to check it out myself. swarovski necklace wholesale uk , gold chain canada ,

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can look here replica bags from china discover this info here gucci replica go right here gucci dolabuy

    ReplyDelete