Tuesday 8 January 2013

Claypot Pork Rib Soup



By Pang Wan Yee


Leon Kee Claypot Pork Rib Soup

Alexandra Village Hawker Centre
Blk 120 Bukit Merah #01-18

Price: $5 (Also available in $4 and $6)
Rating: 5/5


This stall caught my eye while I was walking along the lanes of Alexandra Village. The long queues as well as the certificates at the stall attracted my attention and I decided to give it a try.

The soup was served in a claypot, unlike the usual soup which was served in a normal bowl.  The soup was not only fragrant and flavourful, but I was also able to taste the herbs in the soup as well. The pork ribs served was also tender and the stall holder was really generous with the amount of meat provided in the soup. What’s better than that is the fact that the soup can be refillable! 

I’ve tried many Pork Rib soup, but this is definitely the best out of all that I’ve tried. It has also won the title of the top 10 best pork rib soup in Singapore! However, be prepared to wait at least 20 to 30 minutes due to the long queue. So give it a try now, and let me know if it tastes as good to you!

2 comments:

  1. Is this halal?

    If adelene eats this would it be counted as cannibalism?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      No it is not halal.
      However, we will try to suggest another alternative for you.
      Stay tuned,
      Thank you.

      Delete